- Can't Download Mac App Store
- Can T Download Mac App Store Application
- Can't Download Macos From App Store
With the launch of iTunes version 12.7, Apple removed the app management feature to put more emphasis on music, TV shows, and podcasts. Knowing how popular app management via the media library is, the tech giant has released iTunes 12.6.3 as an alternative version. Hence, you can get back the App Store into iTunes to sync apps or ringtones to your iOS device as before.
This version includes the SDKs for iOS 14, iPadOS 14, macOS Catalina, tvOS 14, and watchOS 7. Download from the Mac App Store.
- Cancel and restart. If you have stuck downloads in the Mac App Store or updates that won’t start.
- Mac App Store is the simplest way to find and download apps for your Mac. To download apps from the Mac App Store, you need a Mac with OS X 10.6.6 or later.
- Can't download or update Mac App Store apps. App Store says app is “INSTALLING” but nothing happens. Mac App Store Download Failure - Clear Cache? App Store download disappear after the installation. Force Re-Download of El Capitan from the App Store?
- That way of downloading Mac OS X updates and new apps was introduced with Snow Leopard and means that anyone with a Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard or earlier can’t actually access the Mac App.
iTunes 12.6.3 also supports iOS 11, iPhone 8/8 Plus and iPhone X. Once this version is installed, you won’t get any future updates for it. Besides, Apple won’t provide any technical support for it. What if you have already updated to 12.7 version? No problem, you can still install 12.6.3 version on your Mac or Windows PC.
How to Get Back App Store into iTunes on Mac or Windows PC
Go to the Apple Support page and download iTunes 12.6.3 on your computer.
You can also use the direct links below to download iTunes 12.6.3 on your device quickly.
Once, the iTunes 12.6.3 downloaded on your Mac, click on Install iTunes.pkg
Follow on-screen instructions.
How to get the App Store back into iTunes
Once you have downloaded the iTunes 12.6.3, you can access App Store, apps, or Tones in the same way as before.
Step #1. Launch iTunes and select the pulldown menu located at the top left corner.
Step #2. Now, you have to select Apps.
Step #3. Under “Apps,” you should see the app library, updates as well as App Store option to let you download apps.
Now, you can connect your iPhone or iPad to iTunes → select the device and get the direct access to apps and tones of your device via iTunes.
In case, you get iTunes Library.itl Cannot Read Error
Refer to the detailed guide with images to fix the issue.
Step #1. Delete the latest version of the iTunes and install the previous one.
Step #2. Press Command+Shift+G and type
Step #3. Locate “iTunes Library.itl” and change its name to “iTunes Library.old”
Can't Download Mac App Store
Step #4. Now, in the iTunes folder itself, open the folder “Previous iTunes Libraries.”
Step #5. Check out for the latest iTunes library file. i.e. “iTunes Library 2017-08-22.itl”
Step #6. Copy that file and paste it to a different location.
Step #7. Go back to
~/Music/iTunes/ by pressing Command+Shift+G.
Step #8. Paste the file i.e. “iTunes Library 2017-08-22.itl” and rename it to “iTunes Library.itl.”
Step #9. Open iTunes. It should work fine now.
What do you think of Apple’s decision to remove App Store from iTunes 12.7? Share your feedback in the comments below.
You might want to take a look at these posts as well:
Jignesh Padhiyar is the co-founder of iGeeksBlog.com who has a keen eye for news, rumors and all the unusual stuff that happens around Apple products. During his tight schedule, Jignesh finds some moments of respite to share side-splitting contents on social media.
- https://www.igeeksblog.com/author/iosblogger/How to Share Purchased Apps Between iPhones and iPads
Yesterday, I tried to download two apps from the App Store. The apps were Google Drive and Google Docs. Although I was able to install Google Drive without any problems, I could not download Google Docs as I was receiving a strange error message saying:
“Unable to Download App. “Google Docs” could not be downloaded at this time” with Done and Retry options. Tapping Retry was also giving me the same error again.
One other thing I realized was that the Google Docs icon was on the home screen but the app was not installed the icon was in a different darker color and was saying “waiting…”
There are many reasons for the problem, it is highly likely that, if you are having this issue, you are having a connection problem. But the good news is that it is usually easy to fix.
It is obvious that you need to make sure that your iPhone (or iPad, iPod touch) has a Wi-Fi connection or a cellular-data connection.
Can T Download Mac App Store Application
I listed the potential solutions below. The solution that worked for me is solution #7.
See this article, if you are unable to connect to the Mac App Store.
iOS App Store: Unable to Download App Fixes
Please try the solutions below. Make sure to check your iPad or iPhone after each step to see if App Store downloads start working.
Before we start make sure that you have an active Wi-Fi or mobile data connection. You can easily check this:
- On your device, open Safari or any other browser.
- Type macreports.com and tap go.
- Does the web site load? If not, you may be having a connection problem.
Another important point is that it is rare, but it is also possible that the App Store service is down. You can check the status of the App Store service by going to the Apple System Status site.
Solution 1: Airplane mode
Turn on Airplane Mode by going to Settings > Airplane mode and wait about a minute and turn back off.
Solution 2: Restart your iPhone or iPad
Simply restart your device. Here is how you can do that:
- iPhone X, 11 or later and iPad with Face ID models: Press and hold the side or top and the volume up (or down) buttons together until you see the power off slider. Then drag the slider. Wait about a minute. And then press and hold the side or top button until the Apple logo appears.
- Other iPhone models and iPad with a Home button models. You can restart these devices by pressing and holding the on/off (sleep/wake – top or side) button until you see the red slider and then slide the red slider. Wait about a minute. Then turn your device back on by pressing and holding on/off button until you see the Apple logo.
Solution 3: Restart the App Store app
Here is how you can do that:
- iPhone X or later or iPad with iOS 12 or later: Swipe up from the bottom of your screen. This will open the App Switcher. Locate the App Store app preview and swipe up on it to close it. Then reopen the App Store app.
- iPhone 8 or earlier: Double press the home button. You will see your open apps. Find the App Store app and swipe up. Then launch the app and try again.
Solution 4: Sign out and then sign in
Here is how you can do this:
- Launch the App Store app. If your device is running iOS 12 or earlier, tap Today (located at the bottom of your screen) and then tap your profile icon (located at the top of your screen). If your device is running a newer version of the iOS software, tap your profile icon. Scroll to the bottom and find your Apple ID. Tap that and select Sing Out.
- Now open the App Store app. Then Sing back in by going to App Store > Sign in (scroll to the bottom again).
Solution 5: Update your device
Can't Download Macos From App Store
Updating your device to the latest iOS version may fix this. You can do so wirelessly. Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
This is important because iOS must be updated periodically. You may be having this issue because of a bug in the software. And an update may include your fix.
Solution 6: Google DNS
You may try changing your iPhone’s or iPad’s DNS (domain name system) servers. Here is how:
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Find your Wi-Fi connection.
- Then tap the (i) button.
- Tap the DNS field.
- Delete the current numbers there and enter the new Google DNS numbers: 184.108.40.206.
- Tap Wi-Fi to go back. The changes you made will be saved.
Solution 7: VPN
This is what fixed my issue. I had already installed a few VPN (virtual private network) apps. One of them was Opera VPN. I simply turned this app on and then I successfully downloaded the app.
Solution 8: Force restart
Force restart your device. Apple’s website explains how you can do that. This may fix the problem. Here is how you can force restart your device:
- iPad with Face ID models and iPhone 8 or later: Press and release the volume up button and press and release the volume down button and then press and hold the side or top button until you see the Apple logo.
- iPhone 7 models: Press and hold the top/side and the volume down buttons together until the Apple logo appears.
- Other iPhone and iPad models: Press and hold the side/top and the Home buttons together until you see the Apple logo.
Solution 9: Try a different Internet connection
Go to another place and use a different Wi-Fi connection (e.g., school lab, library or your friend).
Solution 10: Time settings
On your device, tap Settings > General > Date & Time and turn on Set Automatically. Also make sure that your time zone is correct, if it is not, fix it.
If your time settings are correct, and turning on Set Automatically does not fix the issue, try this: turn off Set Automatically and change your settings to a future date and time and try again. If you get the error message, turn on Set Automatically.
Solution 11: Restart your router
Restarting your router may fix your problem. To do this, disconnect your router from its power source then wait about a minute and reconnect.
Solution 12: Powercycle
Complete these steps:
- Turn on your iPad, iPhone or iPod.
- Unplug the power cord from your modem and router.
- Plugin your modem and wait until the modem turns on completely.
- Plugin your router and wait until your router turns on completely.
- Now turn on your device and try downloading the app.
These solutions will likely fix your problem. As I stated above, this error typically points to an Internet connectivity problem. This connection problem is preventing your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from reaching the Apple servers. Following the steps above will help you resolve this.